Blood in the air

Open || [Excessive Violence]

Home to the UK Pack. The Lake house is a 17th century Manor house nestled within 20 acres of forest and overlooking the Private Elmsworth Lake.

Blood in the air

Postby Gregory Warren » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Gregory stood on the porch of the lake house and closed his eyes. It was a little past dusk and he had heard something. Amongst his pack his hearing was unparalleled and he knew he had heard a scream. His arms were folded across his chest, his paint shirt speckled with acrylics and his jeans equally marked by his paint. Three day stubble lined his face and his usually bright eyes were darkened by caffeine withdrawal and staring for too long at a canvas. He inhaled and caught the distant scent of blood but he was more concerned with what he heard.

Running. Someone was running.

Arms unfolded he was off the porch and running toward the woodland in a matter of seconds. His bare feed padded through the undergrowth as the nesting birds in the treeline scattered as he charged through. The alpha of the pack did not follow by scent. That was not his forte. He followed by noise and whoever this was lacked any form of stealth. At least, to wolf ears. He pushed forward and skidded down an embankment into thick ferns before taking a sharp right and vaulting over a felled oak. The scent of blood in the air grew thicker. He did not know the scent. It was not pack blood and the person he was pursuing was not wolf. No. Human. A growl escaped his throat as he quickened his pace. How could a human have entered their lands without them knowing. There was a breach somewhere in their security and that would not be tolerated.

Gregory stopped as he reached the parameter of the pack lands and eyed the security fence that lay behind a 8 foot tall wall. Secure. As he crouched down he saw droplets of blood, a footprint and the scent of human. But the scent of blood did not belong to that human and that caused the alpha to rise to his feet. There was a dead body somewhere on his lands. He pressed forward again and it only took a few minutes for him to come to the body of a young woman. She must of been barely out of her teens but what concerned him was not her age. Or the fact she was human. But that she had been placed, at the foot of a tree with her throat torn out. He peered closer to the body and noted that the wound across her neck had been caused by human teeth, not a vampire. But that had not been what had killed her. Through the white of her torn blouse he noted the knife wound on her chest that was directly above her heart. Someone had planted her here and Gregory was quickly realising that it was very possibly to place blame on the Pack.

He heard sirens.

Someone was toying with his pack.
Last edited by Gregory Warren on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gregory Warren
Pack Alpha

Species: Were-wolf
Clan or group: Uk Pack

Re: Blood in the air

Postby Jacqueline Monroe » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:58 pm

She had been casting a tracer spell. Trying to track down the ones that had caused her family to be destroyed. Had been the ones that killed her mother by setting her up and ...who she believed had been behind her death of her aunt and uncle. Someone had been systematically eliminating her family members. There had been a sudden flare of the magic....identifying the forest by the lake. Was it really......was it possible. She didn't want to hope but she refused to ignore it.

If there was the slightest chance that she could find one.......

Jax grabbed her bag and was was out the door and into her little mini and speeding down the street before anything else could happen. She was going to find out what happened and destroy them. Destroy their lives and families just like they had to her. She'd make them all pay, every single one that was involved in what happened. In the next second she was parked and running into the forest.

What the hell she was running towards or to she had no idea. She had the knife in her hand that she had pulled from her bag before taking off and was gripping it so hard that her knuckles were turning white. She didn't care. Jax wanted revenge.

Running, she felt her heart pumping rapidly against her chest, the breathing was coming rapidly. Coming to a stop she spun and looked around the area. Where were they? The magic flared...they had to be here. Her other hand held the black crystal pendulum that she had been using. Feeling the heat of it in her right hand, letting it guide her...lead her towards....what? Would it be another empty trail? Another dead end? "Where are you.....fuckers." she muttered to herself and turned in a circle.

Closing her eyes she tried to focus. Listen.

Then she heard it.....felt the hair on her arms rise.

Oh. Fuck., she inwardly said before opening her eyes slowly to look at the very, VERY dangerous man about 20 feet away from her.
Jacqueline Monroe
Witch

Species: Witch
Clan or group: The Witches Coven

Postby Gregory Warren » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Greg quickly moved his gaze from the body to the woman who had approached. Lost in his own thoughts and looking at the body he had not picked up her scent until she was too close for his liking. He remained frozen as he eyed the red head, his gaze moving from her to the body and back again. She smelt human. She was human and carried no scent of death or blood. Yet, the question remained; What was she doing there?

Pack comes first

To reveal yourself as a wolf to a human was punishable by death, unless you then killed the human. What did this woman know? He could not kill her; not yet anyway. No, he would have to play the human land owner who stumbled upon a body while casually going for a walk. A barefooted walk. It was passable and truth. The humans of the area thought the Lake House was home to a hippy commune. Or cult.

"You involved with this?" He gestured to the body while keeping his distance from her as he pulled out his phone from his pocket and dialled the police. The sirens growing closer he at least wanted to get a call in to cover himself and the pack from any wrong doing. The police answered, "Gregory Warren, yes...yes..this number..yes. The Lake house...yes... I have come across a body...no..a body...of a person...Yes...yes... No... Thank you." He hung up when the controller woman explained the police were already on their way and he stood motionless and eyed the red haired woman.

"This is private property."
Gregory Warren
Pack Alpha

Postby Jacqueline Monroe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:10 am

She never took her eyes off him, she wasn't an idiot. She could sense just but his stance and appearance that he was a powerful, very dangerous man. Jax didn't move...not even an inch. She understood that in the circumstances as they were, she was the prey to his predator. She may not have know what he was but in that moment she didn't need to know...what he was.. a smart person could see a predator in any style, size, or shape. He knuckles continued to grip the handle of her knife as she held it close to her thigh.

He asked her a question and followed the hand as it gestured towards something on the ground. Looking down to where he motioned and it was then that Jax saw what it was that he motioned to. Seeing a body on the ground she took a step towards it and then paused. Looking back at him, she met his gaze again. "No." she said with firmness in her voice. Sliding the knife into the back of her pants and pulled her shirt over it once she heard the sirens in the distance.

Gregory Warren.

She had heard that name before...it was familiar to her. A name that had been whispered in the pubs and on the streets. So this was the man that had them all all hovering in fear. While he talked she kept watching him, not keeping her eyes on him.....predator. That was very, very obvious. When he hung up, his attention was back on her. "You might consider posting a sign to that effect."

She squeezed the hand that held the pendulum. It was no longer hot. "Damn it." she muttered to herself, which means that the person that triggered the trace was gone. She moved closer to him and looked around the area. There had to be something around here... "Maybe they left something...." Closing her eyes she focused her energy and called in the fog. It would delay the police from coming just long enough for her to look around. Opening her eyes once more, Jax met his gaze.

"Well don't just stand there...look around for something." Turning she moved over to where the woman was and looked around while make sure to not disturb anything. "There has to be...." she murmured more to herself. Looking around she tried to pick up anything. A foot step... a dropped weapon, a piece of cloth...something. Anything.

"So close.... there has to be something....anything....." once more she murmured under her breath.
Jacqueline Monroe
Witch

Postby Gregory Warren » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Greg did not blink. This woman was on edge. He did not need to be a wolf to know that. Everything about her screamed desperation and this had him worried. A desperate human was a dangerous one.

"I figured the 8 foot wall surrounded by a 10 foot chain fence said plenty enough. How exactly did you get in?" He would increase patrol to check for damage. Someone must have knocked part of the enclosure down. The last thing the pack needed was wayward humans wandering around while the pack hunted. As she began looking around the ground and around the body he moved quickly and grabbed her wrist.

"Stop moving. This is a crime scene." His grip tightened for a moment before he released her, "Go stand by the fence. We wait." He could of disposed of the body if there had been more time but he was skilled and paying the helpful artist when the police came knocking. They knocked often. Most crimes resulted in the police visiting the strange folk by the lake.

Two long strides and he moved beside the red haired woman, keeping track of her from the corner of his eye. Werewolves were not indestructible, a knife could kill him. Why was the woman on his lands with a knife. He heard the police arrive in the distance and the loud footsteps crunching through the woodland. Humans were so noisy.

"You're trespassing, with a knife and now there is a dead body. How are you involved. You'd have blood on ya if you'd killed this woman, but am guessing you know something. Or maybe you're in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tell me what you know and I will not tell the police you're trespassing." He lowered his voice as he heard the police grow closer. A scent. Detective Roberts. A good detective and not one to cast judgement too quickly.
Gregory Warren
Pack Alpha

Postby Jacqueline Monroe » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:23 pm

"Neither were in place when I came up. I was able to run right up so if you had both of those...." She looked at him once more, "Someone, evidently, made them disappear by one way or another.", she spoke softly because she didn't want the police to hear their conversation. Fog might delay their approach but it wouldn't clog their ears. Ice would....maybe ice.... Jax sighed, unrealistic. She turned back to keep looking to see if the person left something...anything that she could use to trace them. And then he was gripping her wrist.

Turning her head quickly she raised an eyebrow at him. "Thank god you cleared that up for me, I was beginning to think it was god damned carnival." The sarcastic comment escaped from her before she could even stop it. One of these days....that mouth of hers...."Please?" She added with another sarcastic tone. Shut the fuck up now, Jax, she thought to herself while walking over to the fence she assumed he was talking about.

Turning her head she looked up at him. "A. Didn't realize I was trespassing so how about letting that go. B. I told you I wasn't...do you really think I would come running up with a knife and then ask you to help me look for clues and such?" Jax sighed and looked over at the man...there was something about him. She just couldn't put her fingers on it but damn if something about him didn't make the hair on the back of her neck rise. "I"m here..." she quietly said and tilted her head towards him so she could speak softer.

Should she lie? Risk opening herself up to some man in the middle of the forest and say just what she was. True...she could tell immediately this man was not 'normal' or whatever the fuck that word meant now a days. Shifting her gaze to him for a moment before continuing to speak.

"Because I chasing the people that killed my family and I believe that one of them was here either when that girl was killed or is the one that killed her." Well that was a nice dance around revealing that she was a witch and telling the truth to him.
Jacqueline Monroe
Witch

Postby Gregory Warren » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Greg folded his arms across his chest and stared blankly at the woman. She had an attitude and normally he would have been impressed had it not been for the dead body next to them. The scent around the body matched the scent of the human he had picked up earlier which posed the question: Why was someone dumping bodies on his land. Perhaps it had been just a random murder. His phone began to beep signalling a text message and he pulled it out of his jean pocket and eyed the message: Wall down on east side, fence cut. Human scent. You ok? The text was from Shay and he replied quickly with what had been happening and warned Shay to gather the pack to remain inside. The last thing he wanted was a pack member in wolf form as the police arrived.

As the woman continued to explain he arched a brow when she spoke of people murdering her family. Well, that escalated quickly.

"My brother," Due to wolves not ageing quickly he always told people his adoptive son was his brother, "He just text to say one of our walls are down. This person must have brought the body through there. Doesn't look like the body was killed here. Not enough blood." He saw the flash of police coats, "You can explain your story to the police."

Pack first. He was not in the habit of helping humans. Too complicated.

The police arrived and for half an hour Greg told the very simple story. He was painting. Saw someone on his lands, followed them and found the body, but the person had gone. When asked what this person looked like he went on scent and explained to the police that his eyesight was not the best, but the person was male and of average build.

"And this woman?" Detective Roberts was a good cop. One of the few and they knew eachother in passing from a crime several years back which resulted in Shay being attacked by some youths in town. Shay could of killed them but took the beating to appear human. Greg looked at the red head, "She arrived after me, think she's lost. Told her she was trespassing but she said there were no walls. Thinking someone knocked one of the walls down perhaps and cut through the fence. Think she's one of those hippy types who gather natural berries."

The detective thanks Greg and he promised he would remain in the area should they need further questioning. She then turned to the red head and asked her a series of basic questions. It didn't take long for te detective to point out neither of them were covered in blood and neither of them showed any signs of having moved a body recently. She warned the red haired woman about trespassing and Greg spoke up then,

"My fault, should of patrolled the walls. Been lost in painting recently." That was a lie. The walls were fine yesterday evening. So at some point in the last 12 hours someone had knocked down a wall, cut through a fence and all without a wolf noticing.

The police stayed and Greg and the woman were given permission to leave after giving their contact details. He eye the woman further. He did not trust her and his animal instinct was picking up some sort of energy that made the hairs on the back of his neck rise up.

"If you need to arrange a taxi cab, you're welcome to use my phone." He gestured to the house and signalled for the woman to follow him, "I'm Gregory Warren. Owner of the Lake house and all it's lands." They reached the front of the house and he quickly text Shay to inform him a human was entering the property and then led the woman inside.

The entrance hall welcome them and Greg gestured to the free chair. He could hear his pack members in their rooms and the kitchen. Distant conversations that only wolf ears could hear. Then loud footsteps bounced down the stairs and Shay Appeared in nothing but a pair of skinny black jeans and a wide smile.

"Hello!" He beamed at the woman before looking to Greg for approval. Greg gave him that look as if to say, 'Don't embarrass me' and Shay, fully trained in translating his fathers glares and glances smiled even wider. "Can I get you a cup of tea?"

Greg ignored the conversation and took out the old telephone from the counter side and set it on the table, tugging at the cable, "Apologies, I would loan my mobile but signal cuts out here but this old phone will do it's job."
Gregory Warren
Pack Alpha

Return to The Lake House